HelloFresh is a global meal kit delivery company that operates in 18 countries. This presents them with a unique talent acquisition challenge: they need to find local talent with niche skills to support their complex distribution and logistics.
This article explores how HelloFresh solved this challenge by improving the skills of its talent engagement team. We’ll also share five actionable tips from Carolina Guillen, Global Talent and Engagement Marketing Manager at HelloFresh, for engaging your talent team in employer branding.
The Global Logistics Talent Challenge
HelloFresh is headquartered in Berlin and New York but operates in eighteen countries around the world. The basic business model of meal kit delivery differs from country to country. However, the logistical problem of storing, packaging and shipping ingredients to arrive fresh at a customer’s doorstep in all these different markets creates a unique recruiting challenge for Guillen and his team.
Different countries have different regulations governing food safety, storage, shipping, etc. This means that HelloFresh must fulfill roles locally in supply chain, fulfillment and specialized technical areas to meet these requirements in each market.
“We often need to find local talent with a specific skill or certification,” Guillen explains.
In short, there is a lot of work to be done when it comes to talent acquisition and engagement. And that got Guillen thinking: could we hire this team to activate our employer brand?
How HelloFresh improves the skills of its talent engagement team
The talent engagement team at HelloFresh comes from a background in traditional sourcing and recruiting. However, Guillen began to hone them with marketing and project management skills.
“Our main goal is for them to provide 360° solutions to meet top-of-funnel needs,” she says. This means they are responsible for event development, talent community and SEO strategies. They are also involved in developing reputation management and social media marketing strategies.
This approach creates alignment between Guillen’s employer branding team and the people who implement it throughout the recruiting and hiring process. Talent acquisition has a say in what they are asked to do and also assists in developing employer branding strategies.
Plus, transforming these employees into comb-like experts with new skills gives them more flexibility to grow into the career they want at HelloFresh.
In this episode, we asked Guillen for some actionable tips you can use to engage your recruiting team in employer branding work.
Here are his 5 ideas for recruiting team engagement:
- Create a content strategy with talent acquisition in mind. Members of your talent acquisition team can help you create elements aligned with your employer brand.
- Fall in love with your candidate, not your brand. Fall in love with your audience and create content designed specifically for them.
- Don’t be afraid to reuse content. Guillen recommends rehashing and recycling your campaigns and the content you create.
- Every good story needs a hero. “When you can tell an authentic and relevant story, it really resonates with people,” says Guillen.
- Build at scale by creating “recipes”. This will help you document your processes and make it easier to replicate them in the future.